Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Novel - Chapter I: A Privelege

“Call from the President!” said Andras.

I groaned. I hated when Andras woke me up.

“What is it?” I asked. Andras handed me the phone.

“It's me, the President. I have found a start called Cameo. We have discovered two planets that orbit it. We want you to explore them.”

Yikes!

“Why have you chosen us?!”

“Because you have gone through many adventures already!”

“What adventures?” I asked surprised.

“Don't you remember?! At Christmas time Meo, your cat became a reindeer because Santa lost Rudolph in the fog and broke a bone too, so Andras had to drive the sleigh! And when a flying meteor came hurdling toward Earth your son used his new freeze ray to stop it! So be down to the rocket launch area by 2:30 am.”

I looked at the clock. It was 1:45. Forty-five minutes to go! I packed the food, Mom gathered up the supplies, and Andras picked up his guidebook to the Cameo-system. It took us twenty minutes to pack, fifteen minutes to get to the freeway, and exactly nine minutes to reach the rockets. I was scared and nervous. Which rocket was ours? We met the President and he helped us to find our transportation. I gulped.

The adventure had truly begun now!



No comments:

Post a Comment